In addition to the original logo of wikiod, all other published content, including text, pictures, audio, video, software, programs, and web page layout design, are created by registered users of the site, hosted or collected online. Most of the content in WikiOD was written, edited and maintained primarily by contributors.
Wikiod respects artist and content owner rights. It is our mission to cooperate with alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA").
Copyright Violations and Plagiarism on WikiODEdit
Copyright infringement is illegal. We honour other people's copyrights. Not everyone wants to contribute their content to WikiOD and freely distribute it under our Creative Commons License.
When you suspect a violation, do the following:
- Assume good faith. It may be that the copyright holder of the content is trying to share their content with us. If their WikiOD username matches with the author or webmaster name on the linked website, or if the contributor's WikiOD profile states that they are the owner of the copied website, it's safe to assume that the person who put up the content is the copyright holder. Move the link down to the "Sources and Citations" section, write "Original source, shared with permission" after the URL, and leave a note for the contributor such as this one:
- I'm assuming the link you put in Name of Tutorial is to your website. If that's the case, don't forget to write "Original source, shared with permission" right after the link. This tells our editors that it's you're deliberately sharing the content on WikiOD. Otherwise, they might think it was copied without permission, or that it's a spam link (both of which could get the page deleted). Now, if that link isn't from your site, you might want to glance over our external links policy to see how we handle external links. It's also worth looking to see if the information copied is already under a compatible license, such as Creative Commons or public domain.
- If you still suspect the person copied the content from another source without permission, please send us via firstname.lastname@example.org and will also put the article in a category of potential copyright violations to be reviewed by an administrator.
- If the editor is not a registered user, contact the original website, via e-mail, to confirm permission. E.g. "Someone posted content on WikiOD that is very similar to yours: (URL) Was it you, or someone you gave permission to do this?" Wait for a response. If the contributor has permission from the copyright holder, ask them to forward it to email@example.com. If you receive no response, or if the copyright holder informs you that the content was posted without permission, make note of that on the discussion page and, if you are an admin, delete the tutorial. If you are not an admin, just leave a discussion page comment and the page will get deleted when it gets reviewed by an admin who reviews the category of potential copyright violations.
Reporting alleged copyright infringementsEdit
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify our Designated DMCA Agent listed below. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing to the Designated DMCA Agent listed below:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit wikiod to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Once a proper, bona fide infringement notification is received by the Designated DMCA Agent listed below, it is our policy:
To remove or disable access to the infringing material To notify the content provider, member or user that we have removed or disabled access to the material That repeat offender will have the infringing material removed from the system and that we will terminate such content provider’s, member’s or user’s access to the Service.
Please email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org